As this year’s Learning at work Week comes to an end – I’m reflecting on the fantastic work we do at Britvic.
As the Digital Learning & Capability Advisor, I believe every week is learning week – but this one is particularly special. The Campaign for Learning’s annual event uses a dedicated week to highlight the importance and benefits of continual learning and development.
This year's theme, Create the future, explores how lifelong learning at work can help us all personally and collectively create our futures – from achieving life and work goals, to shaping our lives, communities and the world, to driving innovation and achieving organisational ambitions.
We’re continually investing in our employees’ career development and supporting young people gain valuable work experience and find careers they love. Over the past year we have:
- Welcomed our second cohort of students from Solihull College with special educational needs and disabilities – giving them the skills and confidence they need to thrive in the workplace
- Rolled out new learning modules for commercial and supply chain teams on the value of learning and development, being great leaders and developing key skills and knowledge for their roles
- Invested in our people manager development with the launch of our effective people manager programme – training over 80 colleagues so far, and more to come this autumn
- Invested in digital, bitesize and self guided learning and introduced a digital academy of learning
- Launched Strengthscope – a self awareness tool helping colleagues identify their strengths and weaknesses and develop effective ways of working in diverse teams
At Britvic, our myLearning hub offers the perfect space for our employees to explore and imagine their futures. It’s a space jammed packed with interactive learning modules, videos, podcasts and speciality talks – where they can try out and learn new things that can help Create their future. The response to Learning at Work Week has been amazing and created a fantastic vibe throughout the company of people hungry to delve into a variety of topics.
Learning at work week couldn’t have come at a better time! Following the recent mid-year performance check ins, there’s no better time to take ownership for your personal development and take a little time to do some learning for your personal and professional growth.
We can only succeed in making positive change, when we make learning and opportunity accessible to all – providing everyone with the skills today to meet the challenges of tomorrow. We’d like to see everyone show a hunger to learn and grow, seek out those opportunities by creating moments to learn and to really own their development.
Lois Brown | Digital Learning and Capability Advisor