Everything we know in a single drop
Teisseire has nearly 300 years’ proud heritage. From lager and cider, to wine, cocktails and soft drinks, Teisseire makes favourite drinks even more special.
In France you don’t say ‘sirop’ you say Teisseire’ and we’re famous for innovative flavours that taste just like the fruit or flower on which they are based. Every recipe we create is uniquely crafted to obtain the beautiful flavour from the finest ingredients.
The Teisseire story - A long and fruitful heritage
- 1720 - Mathieu Teisseire creates a distillery at Grenoble in the French Alps. It produces fruit and plant-based alcoholic drinks, including Ratafia - the famous cherry-based aperitif.
- 1927 - Production and marketing of syrup begins.
- 1950 - 1960 – leaves alcohol business to specialise in syrups. Becomes leading producer in the French market.
- 1955 - Sales hit one million containers a year for the first time.
- 1957 - Teisseire launches its first syrup in a tube.
- 1959 - Teisseire becomes Europe’s unrivalled leader in fruit syrups and develops its unmistakable metallic containers.
- 1971 - Crolles plant opens.
- 1988 - Unique new bottle unveiled, together with a new label. Dedicated sales and marketing team created for hotel and restaurant sector.
- 2004 - Fruite Enterprises takes majority share in Teisseire and sales reach €280m.
- 2010 - Teisseire is acquired by Britvic, creating one of the world's largest squash and sirop manufacturers.
- 2014 - Amazing but true, when asked to name a sirop, almost everyone in France names Teisseire.
Wonderfully rich sirops that taste just like the real fruit.
All the delicious flavour of our sirops without any sugar.
Add a little indulgence on the go, to your hot drinks.
Savour the moment. Add a little indulgence into your hot drinks.
Visit Teisseire.com to find out more and explore our Coffee, Cocktail and Soft drink recipes.