Lipton Ice Tea is bottled and distributed by Britvic in the UK as part of a licensing agreement with PepsiCo and Unilever.
Lipton Ice Tea is about refreshing your everyday with a unique blend using fruit juice and black tea extract. Make each day more interesting with one of four fantastic flavours Peach, Lemon, Raspberry and Mango.
Lipton Ice tea has been providing high quality tea to over 150 countries since 1880.
Lipton Ice Tea is bottled and distributed by Britvic in Britain as part of a licensing agreement with PepsiCo and Unilever.
Lipton - a refreshingly quirky story
- 1848 - Thomas Lipton born in Glasgow to working class parents.
- 1862 - After several dead-end jobs, including cabin boy with the Burns line, he sails to New York. Unable to find work in the city, he works on plantations where he develops a head for business.
- 1869 - He returns to Scotland, takes over his parents’ shop and turns it around thanks to his enterprising spirit and relationship with the media.
- 1871 - He opens his first shop. Eventually he will have over 200 stores. A fervent supporter of fair trade,Thomas travels the world sourcing ingredients.
- 1890 - He buys a Sri Lankan tea garden. He cuts out the middle-man, starts to blend his own tea, and makes the drink more affordable for ordinary people. While his shops make him a millionaire, tea will make him a multimillionaire.
- 1898 - Thomas Lipton is knighted.