Britvic plc Preliminary results
30 Nov 2016
Britvic plc announces another year of strong results for the 53 weeks ended 2 October 2016.
Group Financial Headlines:
- Revenue increased 10.1% to £1,431.3m
- Pre-exceptional EBITA* increased 8.4% to £186.1m
- Like-for-like revenue* increased 0.4%
- Like-for-like pre-exceptional EBITA* increased 3.8% to £178.8m
- Profit after tax increased 10.3% to £114.5m
- Adjusted earnings per share* increased 6.5% to 49.3p
- Full year dividend per share of 24.5p, an increase of 6.5%
- Outstanding year in GB Carbs, with like-for-like revenue* growth of 5.3%
- Challenged stills performance, improvement in the second half of the financial year
- Excellent first year in Brazil with Fruit Shoot now launched in Sao Paulo
- Continued progress in the USA with Fruit Shoot multi-pack now on-shelf
- Transformational three-year supply chain programme on-track to deliver a minimum 15% EBITDA* return by 2020
||53 weeks ended
2 October 2016
|52 weeks ended
|Pre-exceptional EBITA margin*
|Profit after tax
|Full year dividend per share
|Underlying adjusted net debt/EBITDA
*Items marked with an asterisk throughout this document are non-GAAP measures, definitions and relevant reconciliations are provided in the Glossary on page 11 to 13.
**'Like-for-like' change adjusts for the impact of Brazil, an additional week in 2016 and constant currency. Detailed like-for-like adjustments are shown on page 12.
Simon Litherland, Chief Executive Officer commented:
“Britvic has delivered another strong set of results in challenging market conditions. In our core markets, we continued to take market share with a particularly strong carbonates performance. Internationally, we have had an excellent first year in Brazil and Fruit Shoot continued to grow in France, USA with the launch of multi-pack, and latterly in Brazil following its recent launch in Sao Paulo.
We are confident we will mitigate inflationary input costs through a combination of revenue management activities and internal cost saving initiatives. The new financial year has started well and although 2017 will be another challenging year, we expect to deliver pre-exceptional EBITA in line with current market expectations.”
For further information please contact:
|Steve Nightingale (Director of Investor Relations)
||+44 (0) 7808 097784
|Victoria McKenzie-Gould (Director of Corporate Relations)
||+44 (0) 7885 828342
|Ben Foster (Teneo Blue Rubicon)
||+44 (0) 203 603 5220
There will be a live webcast of the presentation given today at 9:30am by Simon Litherland (Chief Executive Officer) and Mathew Dunn (Chief Financial Officer). The webcast will be available at www.britvic.com/investors with a transcript available in due course.
For the full announcement please click here